Sunday, April 05, 2009

Questions for Holy Week

  • Have I denied the seriousness of my sin?
  • Do I try to make myself invisible only to be seen by God?
  • Do I forget the importance of observing Lent?
  • Do I forget that peace in chaos is God's specialty?
  • Have I betrayed Jesus for less than 30 pieces of silver?
  • Have I missed the beautiful images of communion and their meaning for me?
  • Have I too often allowed the world to rob me of God given confidence?
  • Do I ignore my purpose for life given by God?
  • When I pray "thy will be done"--do I really mean it?
  • Do I keep my promises?
  • Have I forgotten my strength comes from the Lord?
  • Am I really who I am in private or public or both?
  • Who am I really?
  • Do I allow God's sufficiency to be my everything?
  • Am I too proud to bear the cross?
  • Is my faith true?
  • Jesus is always Jesus? Am I always true to that?

If these questions were a test, I would surely fail, but because of God's remarkable Son, I not only pass the test but win ever lasting life!

Maybe you'd like to share your thoughts on these tough questions or even tell me why they are not so tough? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: