Saturday, February 26, 2011

brief encounter with nature refreshes whole

After many frustrating long months,
a short but refreshing Fernwood ( retirement property)
 walk was a welcome reprieve.
I found a bit of my soul
I thought had disappeared forever.
I discovered a spirit of clam still possible in my hectic life.
A time in prayer  by the creek and my heart lifted
out of a deep pit.
The heady smell of pre-spring forest
sent my body into a reverie of hope.



Side note:
thanks to recent comments.
I'm glad someone besides me gets some enjoyment from this blog!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Was interesting to see your 'side note' about comments on your blog.
I have been very slack in leaving a word or two (or twenty) - but your words are one of the first things I read as my day begins.
I find that a lot of the time, your thoughts mirror mine....and I find that enormously comforting!

Trish