Monday, February 21, 2011

life in a day.....

A day in remission from the trenches.
Battle fatigue is present but there's little time for relaxation and reprieve.
Tomorrow is another day and I realize more battles loom
on each of the sun's cycles.
Days such as this are to be cherished and valued as godly gifts
to get us through life's wards.
AND the calm house, the silent rooms, and the solitude is a little gift of grace
that can lead to a life of joy and peace.
The love of a good family is a direct present from a loving God.
Simple times of just being together, laughing and talking, or watching a movie
are the memory making moments of a life well lived.
So, why do I focus on the minutiae of bad that constantly attack my soul?
Why do I easily forget the intense good in my days?
Just when I think I'll lose the last few flecks of good or bad, new task presents itself for focus.


No comments: