Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Healing Landscapes

Lost in a psychological landscape and I can’t find my way out.


All the paths are blocked with fear and worry.

All the directions are leading me in circles.

All the maps are in fine print and I can’t read them.

I am praying to God to get me home.

I am asking God to protect me until then.

I am seeking His guidance to show me the way to peace again.

The situation is dark. No moon. No stars. I can’t see.

The way is unclear and winding in directions too unfamiliar to get out.

I’m all alone and there’s no one nearby to show me.

God is my only hope.

God is my only pathway.

God is my only direction.



Amazing how this fluke of a painting series has opened up a whole new train of thought to trying to understand my situation. It truly proves that imagery and words are healing. Maybe I will eventually find a happier, brighter psychological landscape. Perhaps in the end, life will be easier, better understood, fresh and new. I can at least hope.

Lord, in your mercy. Help me find all that I’m looking for. Show me how to be content. Assist me in finding the answers I need. Continue to bless me and allow me to be happy again. Relieve my suffering and fears. Improve my attitude. Amend my spirit. Restore my faith. Revive my heart. Remodel my soul. In your sweet Son’s name, Amen.


No comments: