Monday, February 25, 2013

Sun and Shadow thoughts


My darkest thoughts don’t even scare me anymore.

My scariest memories don’t even freak me out anymore.

My deepest emotions don’t even relieve me anymore.

My strangest fantasies don’t even save me anymore.


Stuck in the shadows I seek a sliver of light.

Lost in the disappointments, I look for the tiniest hope.

Gone with the last ounce of optimism, I give in to the despair.

Broken in my core, I no longer find any peace.

Entirely depleted of spirit, I give up my last ounce of courage.

Drained of any soul, I feel like an empty shell incapable of ever finding joy again.

Study your heart and dissect it emotion by emotion.

Examine your soul and analyze it feeling by feeling.

Scrutinize your spirit and investigate it piece by piece.

Consider your life and review it year by year.

Find what is good and positive.

Discover what is hopeful and pleasant.

Realize what is joyful and blessed.

Accept what is dark and forgettable….and let it go with the wind of change.

Understand how the anger and fear make you stronger.

Believe that the bad days and worse nights you have already conquered are your catalysts.

This is your life, the one you have been blessed with and the one you have lived, endured, and survived.

Everyone has a difficult life. Everyone is blessed. Everyone is hurt. Everyone is saved. Everyone is a living message. Everyone is a reason to inspire. Everyone is a purpose in this world. We give others a chance to feel hope. We extend to all a reason to keep breathing. We inspire everyone to keep facing another day of uncertain outcomes. Even the quietest, simplest soul has volumes of encouragement to shout.



You are life to many.

She is life to many.

I am life to MYSELF!!!

“Let God do his work and it will work” Robin Roberts’ doctor’s wife and mother-in-law

Why do we have to endure pain to heal?

Why do we have to bear problems to find solutions?

Why do we have to tolerate suffering to experience hope?

Why do we have to go the distance to get to where we want to be in the first place?

Why do we have to undergo change to become better?

Why do we have to withstand troubles to know victories?

Why do we have to brave the storms to realize the sunny days?

Healing is a process.

Cures are not just in medical procedures.

Remedies are found in the sunshine.

Restoration comes with the flowers in spring.

Recovery is possible even in the cleansing rains.

How do some inspire us and others defeat us?

Why do some strengthen us and others weaken us?

“Being optimistic is like a muscle that gets stronger with use.” Robin Roberts

“Focus on the fight, not the fright.” Robin Robert’s coworker

“Make your mess your message”. Robin Roberts’ mother

“Left foot. Right foot. Breathe” RR

Many days, the Lord speaks to me through the simplest way.

Life is my church.

The sun is my light of hope.

The sky is my cathedral.

The rain is my baptism.

The birds are my choir.

Every breath is a prayer.


No comments: