Friday, January 05, 2007

It's WHO I Am


I had a call from a lady at church about taking the Worship chair position again.
I said No but that I'd pray about it. I just learned the hard way that I have to say No when I need to say No. I just about get sick myself when I think of meetings and chairing anything. I think God understands and I know He has a different plan for me right now.
I am trying to find it through prayer and my art even. I know I have been able to reach and minister through my art for him. I know I even do it without realizing it. When the lady called to ask me to exhibit at the Little Theater, it was a Christian Christmas play and she said she had seen my work enough to know it fit the theme. I was honored by that comment alone. I prayed over the pieces I took and hoped that above all my art may speak to someone's needs whether any sales were made or not. Well, I had no sales but I pray the art did speak to the viewers. I don't try to overly make my art a message of Christ but somehow it comes through
by him and his power. That was proved to me when a friend saw the crosses in the sky of the UAC piece. Well, art is my ministry right now and until God nudges me somewhere else that's where I'll stay. I can't begin to try to explain this to most people but I think you, the artist, will hear it and understand it. Art takes time and if I don't give it the time it deserves, it will suffer. So will I. I read yesterday in an article different artist's top ten lists of things, so I made my own top ten list of why I make art. High on my priority was that it is who I am and what I do and that without it I would lose a big part of my heart and soul, who I am.

This piece called Broad River is an older piece but it speaks

to my spirit right now and this message.

No comments: