Thursday, January 18, 2007

Productivity Vs Creativity


Sometimes it's both. Many times I work and work and work and work and have almost nothing to show for it and sometimes I work and work and work and have much to show and appreciate.

I have had a very productive week, finishing work for my next Somerset Studio submission - 3 Nature items, 8 ATC's for the latest Artella swaps, have work ready to frame for an annual Valentine exhibit and more things planned to get busy with as soon as I clean up the studio from all of this. I can work in a mess for only so long and then MUST clean and reorganize to get going again.


I recently was able to get a friend to finally admit she understands my need for time and space to create. She also admitted she now thinks of me as an artist not a hobbyist. How do I get the rest of the people I know to realize this?


I'm also involved with a small group of ladies at a local art and history museum who are trying to get a local ATC swap group started.


So I say all this to say this:

PRODUCE and CREATE as much as you can as often as you can for as long as you can!

No comments: