Monday, December 31, 2007

If I had 3 weeks to live


Watched the Queen Latifa movie LAST HOLIDAY with a friend.

Latifa had a disease and 3 weeks to live. She blows all her savings on

a trip with enough experiences and adventure for a life time.

Thus the obvious thought for me: WHAT WOULD I DO WITH ONLY 3 WEEKS TO LIVE?

Here is a beginning list:


  • more time with my family

  • more time with friends

  • more time in prayer and mediation

  • more time in nature

  • more time in my art room

  • more time listening and learning

  • complain less

  • grumble less

  • appreciate more

  • share more

  • laugh more

It doesn't have to be filled with jumping off dams in a winged suit, eating gourmet foods or meeting new people. It should be about being with and enjoying those in your life. Those kind of memories would last eternally.


I'd make each day count for something!


How about you?


The image is some of my watercolor greeting cards, now available at http://www.artellawordsandart.com/

1 comment:

Faye said...

Chris, your work is beautiful. If you send as well as sell your cards, some recipient is very fortunate.