Sunday, January 20, 2008

art obsessions


When I get going on an idea, there is no stopping me. I'm doing a new Zine swap via Artella again and it's 10 for 10. I just signed up and I'm nearly half finished. The deadline isn't until April. I'm doing several themes but at least 3 on the theme of nature, 12 inner pages and covers that act as additional pages. Utilizing old art work, words, pressed leaves, stamping, everything really but the kitchen sink. I will be posting images from these zines all week, maybe the next couple but I have to get back to what inspired this post. Trying to figure out an image for the words zine, I came up with the idea of word sketches. Words designing the image. It's better to show you that try to explain so I've added it to this post. However, I couldn't stop my brain last night and kept doing one more page and then by doing a simple image of words (to be posted tomorrow) I came up with the word sketch idea. I'm sure it's not original but it's a great way to challenge your sketching abilities and a great exercise. Try it!

No comments: