Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Time and Creativity


Creativity takes time. For those who aren't artists, creators, writers, etc., they do not realize this. Yes, my head is always thinking and planning. Yes, I have hundreds of ideas. Yes, I always have a project to start, work on or finish BUT I NEED TIME AND SPACE TO DO IT!!!! Uninterrupted time. Time I can plan on and count on. Time to prepare, work, execute, sift and work through the project. A few minutes here and a few minutes there is not enough. I often need whole several hours, days, weekends or several days in a row to get the project done start to finish. Just as I make some headway, someone calls or comes to my door. Someone has a question or need. Someone needs attention. Sometimes it is legitimate. Sometimes it is not! Creativity takes time!


Image is a recent mini collage called "Lois Angel". Lois was my dear mother in law.

No comments: