Friday, January 18, 2008

Lost in the Land of Make Believe


When making art, I always feel happy and content. Maybe it's because the truest me is present. I paint, cut, paste, arrange, plan, layout, design, choose...and it's bliss. I made a discovery too. After having small sales in local holiday venues, I found that the greatest joy is in the making, the creation of art. So what if sales are slim. It give me joy to make it. I love sharing it in this blog and with family and friends who seem to appreciate it. The wonderful comments posted on my blog fire my creativity, give validation to it and spur me on to keep at it. If I were in a cave far, far away from all life as we know it, I'd probably be scratching designs into the wall with creasote sticks from my fire. Blessings to you all and may you all have a place where you feel closest to your true self!


Image is from a recent scrapbook layout.

No comments: