Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Alphabet for free


Here is a little alphabet piece I made as a result of teaching an Adinkra printing process to my children's art classes. You simple take a piece of non hardening clay, roll into a cylinder and flatten one end. Then with a stick, pencil or other tool carve a design into the clay. Brush lightly with paint and print. It's fun and the designs are neverending.

Right click and enlarge this image and then save to your computer to cut and use or size the whole for a background in a collage or altered book.

6 comments:

MrsLoomis said...

thank you for sharing your gift!!!

Stephanie

Faye said...

Chris, thanks so much! This alphabet is wonderful. I have downloaded it to my desktop and will see how many different uses I can make of it. Beautiful!

Iberostar said...

What a great idea! Thanks for posting this - I plan to use it often and maybe try some of my own!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your alphabet! What a great use for clay!

"Sam" B said...

I don't seem to be able to "grab" a single letter from the group after copying it. Is there a trick to doing that?

MaggiB said...

Thank you Chris. I have been collecting Alphas. From cutting out interesting letters in magazines to buying unmounted rubber sets and single exciting letters. Yours will go into the group to be used in some future masterpiece. Thank you again, Love and Laughter, MaggiB prettymagnolia@sbcglobal.net