Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 119 Making sense of it all


It gets harder and harder to start each day with months of fatigue lingering in our minds and bodies. Somehow, we continue to do so. No, not somehow; with God we continue. Each day we accomplish what is needed, receive what is needed, and make small strides forward, living a reasonably good life.

Never knowing God's purpose for all we've been dealt, we plunge ahead. Finding some days easier than others, we simply trust God and follow as closely as humanly possible. He continues to sustain us and we survive. I wonder if the days of thriving simply become days of surviving. Maybe that's sufficient but I have to wonder. Is that all life is? I'm really not sure. I don't know if I need to know or understand all this but I seek meaning anyway. I seem to need it. Making sense of human existence tends to dominate my thoughts now more than ever.

I am thankful for Mom and Dad and the several years of retirement they have enjoyed. Unlike Terry's parents who were somewhat robbed at an early age, and then forced to retire. Dying before knowing much about the latter years.
We wonder will we live peaceful decades or only a few years. Does it matter? Is time not relevant to "quality" rather than "quantity"?


Lord, speak to my heart with words my spirit can thrive on.

Lord, embrace my weary body and fill it with your grace to survive.

Lord, keep me content with all my blessings and remove my greedy nature to hold on to more than is needed.

Lord, send your angels to hover over all those I care for, keeping them safe.

Lord, in your mercy, hear my prayer.

Amen

No comments: