Thursday, June 28, 2007

ideas beget ideas



I've never had the problem of lack of ideas. My problem comes in not having enough time, energy and resources for implementing my ideas. If only....boy! I'd be something!

Currently working on a submission for Somerset Studios theme Le Chateau. My idea started with a paper mache house and my love of family and family history, thus Family Tree House.

The house is painted in bright colors, not my usual palette of natural earthy hues. Then I thought what goes in or on the house, well.....the back has a transfer of my family tree (from my son as a starting point since he will someday own my legacy of art.) Then a house shaped book sewn together in single signatures painted in paste paper fashion in the same bright colors as the house with images, transfers and more family tree imagery collaged on the pages. So far I only have an image of the house and yet another idea from that. A self portrait witht he house as my torso...thus suggesting the John Biggers' idea of women carrying their house with them. Digitally executed of course... no time for the real thing.

So let your ideas grow, you never know where they will take you!

No comments: