Thursday, June 14, 2007

necessity is the mother of invention and inspiration


Creatively, I cannot live without my computer and printer. I print much of my own art and clip art for various projects. I always make my own greeting cards and usually I do them digitally.

Well, my printer is on the fritz. (Canon i960 has a design flaw that when the waste ink tank is full {which really is felt pads not a tank unless you consider it is in the bottom of the printer case so could be called a tank} it fails to print anylonger.) I was already working on Father's day cards digitally and then the printer goes so just in case I am not up and running in time to print, I pulled out my stash of digital images and leftovers and made two cards manually and it was as much fun as the mixed media ones I just shared.

Here is a digital collage I had stashed away aftering doing my recent ruler book on the measure of a man. I simply cut it and matted with two shades of cardstock to enhance the image.

No comments: