Friday, June 27, 2008

Praising God


I had a health concern recently that turned out to be nothing more than the aging female body. It was a rare experience for me to get closer to my Lord and Savior. I read my Bible, pray and read Christian devotional material written by other Christians each day but even as an active, believing Christian my rountines become just that-routine and rote. Prayer becomes a grocery list. Reading familiar passages become skimming over well known and favorite verses. I've read the entire Bible about four times and once even read it completely in one year's time. I'm always looking for new ways to spark my time with the Lord each day. Journaling is another way I study and pray, making notes of things that stand out and enlighten me anew. Recently, as this health concern came about, I began going through from Genesis (the first book of the Bible) reading things I had already underlined and trying to glean new meaning for myself and my situation. God gave me this verse and I began trusting in it. Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13-14 It gave me immediate comfort and perspective and I read it and thought about it many times a day. I printed it out and placed it in several locations where I could see it regularly. It continued to speak to my heart and comfort my mind and I truly did little worrying about it. The devil surely tried to put doubt in my mind through images, words and people and each time I just said, "God, I know you have this under control and whatever the outcome, I will be fine because I have you." Well, I'm happy to report the doctor gave me a clean bill of health and I was praising and thanking GOD completely. I already knew everything was okay and the only real concern was where would the devil attack next. Well, together God and I will fight that battle as well.

I had a comment to my blog that I did not publish yet. Sometimes the comments which come to me first I just go ahead and publish but sometimes they seem to have a strangeness about them that raises a red flag. I started the moderation of comments due to one that tried to place a virus on my blog and anyone using the links there. Well, back to the comment. I hope you are reading this entry so it may help with your questions about God, faith and Christians. We are ordinary people like everyone else with problems and upsets and weak moments but we have a loving heavenly Father who can always comfort us and help us in our weak moments. If you do not know Him please try to connect with Him. If you haven't read the Bible, get a copy and read St. John first and then read St. Luke. Find a church to visit and listen. Ask questions of another Christian. Seek God with your whole heart AND He will come into it and comfort you and be there for you. Confess your sins but realize you will never be perfect as He is but He will forgive you and always take care of you now and forever.

Blessings to all readers and please comment, ask questions or praise God along with me.


Image is a small cross collage on canvas, paint, fabric and paper.

1 comment:

Val Foster said...

Hello Chris. I just discovered your blog. It's wonderful, and so is your art. I too am a Christian, and this post and the verse you quoted really speaks to me, touches me, right now in the moment of where I'm at.

I think I too, need to write it down and post it around where I can see it and read it. Thanks for this, I'm sure it was God sent, and that I was meant to visit your blog. Thanks again, sis!