Tuesday, June 10, 2008

scavenger hunt for creative inspiration


While walking this morning I began to search for images in all the colors of the rainbow.

Remember ROY G BIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet)? I'll share what I found later but thought it was a good way to approach an art project or writing project or even a solution to a problem. Whatever your starting point, make a plan of theme and begin to look for something to represent each part and by the time you finish, you should have a solution. Like I could use all the things I found in the rainbow to start a collage or painting. You could think of the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23 love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) and find these things in a person or persons or life situation and when you have it all in line, maybe the solution will solve the issue. Try this and let me know if it works. Maybe it's just my creative mind gone haywire, but it did make for a pleasant walk and a good diversion to worrying or obsessing over prayer needs. God always puts in front of me what I need to think about and make my walk pleasant and refreshing.


Here is my list:


Red Robin's breast in the yard seaching for worms

Orange sun in the sky beaming brightly

Yellow Daylilies dancing in the morning light

Green grass and leaves on this warm almost summer morning.

Blue feathers on the happy Bluebird (of happiness)

Indigo petals on the neighbor's clematis vine by the road

Violet petals on the last Johnny Jump Ups in my favorite pot


Now wasn't that fun?


Today's image is the latest from my cross series, departed from the square orderly mosaics and just decided to cut and tear up pieces of old art (mine and my students {thet want to throw way too much away}) and attach to my cross form (drawing paper).

No comments: