Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 10 of 27 and counting


My body trembles with fatigue.
My mind aches with fear.
My soul cries for relief.
God is my only source of strength.

HANG ON TO HOPE!


The heavens weep with me.
The birds rejoice with me.
The earth gives way under pressure but
It also upholds my weak body.

All the world wakens
The hawks cry
The birds sing
The crickets chirp
The human pleas
"God, let it be a good day!"


My mind and body are so tired I can't think. Words are scrambled. Hope is weak. Courage is gone but faith is growing a new understanding of what a Christian life is all about.

I am beginning to learn my own sense of strength, patience, and courage.
When another day passes without leaps of improvement I find strength in the fact that God isn't through with the situation.
When I tire of repeated questions and tasks, I know God is tired of the same from me. If He can be patient with me I can certainly be patient with the situation.
When my legs wobble, my knees buckle and my heart skips I trust God for the courage I need to stand another day.


Even though I stand on a foreign deck, tremble at unfamiliar environments and quake at the unknown, I know God is wherever I am, wherever His believers are.

No comments: