Monday, June 15, 2009

Life leads you down interesting paths.....


When I wrote the verse below, I did not know my Dad was about to change forever possibly. He is slowly recovering from a stroke and I am glad to say I believe he will receive a miracle in this recovery process. Neither he, mom nor I were completely ready for this to occur but who ever is? You know your parents are aging and you know things will change but you just can't completely be ready. So pray and be ready to lean on God and your Christian friends! Pray with me! Believe with me! Let's do this together!

Know that a life filled with love is a happy life.
Know that a year filled with blessing is a gift.
Know that a month filled with health is incredible.
Know that a day filled with family is memories made.
Know that an hour filled with laughter is healing.
Know that a minute filled with quiet is peaceful.
Know that a moment filled with hope is life.
Know that all things come full circle.


The image was done in my art journal on a sabbatical from the hospital vigil. These are pics of my dad over the years, with color and text in plain old highlighters. He is now in rehab and beginning his recovery process. I will continue to share my writing and notes from this journey as time permits.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Was sorry to hear about your Dad - adding him and your family to my prayer list for a full and complete recovery...God is the ultimate physician....and I do trust Him!

Keep us posted...and take care of yourself too!

Trish