Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 139 Home from Sabbatical


Home after a good week away. Even with a couple days worry over Dad's BP and trip to the ER, it was a great time away for my spirit, soul and energy. I will be sharing much from the trip. Here's a little painting and writing completed while at Kiawah Island, SC.


A tearful departure

from my escape to paradise

by the sea--Kiawah.

Will I be able to hold

a shell and feel its magic

once inland?

Hopefully my

words,

images,

and small treasures

will reveal a super power

to combat life's wars.

Closing my eyes

I will see the sun through the Palmetto trees,

feel the moist spray from the Atlantic,

smell the salty air,

and know its enduring

presence in my spirit.


REMEMBER: Monday I will send the freebie posted earlier this month to a lucky commenter!

No comments: