Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 144 Recount


Thoughts from Kiawah...


It was an emotional time as the stresses melted through the cracks in my spirit. The salty air dissolved my fears and worries. The tears of gratitude flowed softly down my cheeks. I knew God was with me as he had been through the last several months. I found comfort. I found hope. They have eluded me increasingly for months. I knew peace is always found in the middle of the struggle but it was often hard to realize. God never once has left me. The old adage "If you can't find God, guess who moved" is oh so true! My life has truly been blessed. I truly can count on one hand the really bad things in my life. That's amazing. How many people can do that?


Families recover through illness along with the inflicted one. Hope is always present but it must always be actively sought. Answers are always there but must be prayed for and accepted. Joy is possible even if only for a few fleeting moments. Sometimes those moments are enough to carry you through the trenches of despair. Actively seek them. Embrace them. Enjoy them. Always look for them and expect more. Wishing may not make it happen but looking and expecting can. The "laws of attraction" is widely believed to truly bring what you want more of into your life by merely seeking it and expecting it. I believe this to be a spiritual truth. One that must be real and trusted and practiced just as all spiritual activities must be practiced to be strengthened, improved and constant. Life is always going to be filled with good and bad, hope and struggling, peace and adversity but we must always focus on the positive aspects to get us through the negative. I have never thought I could handle such bad times but I'm learning I can WITH GOD! Not just handle but surpass them. It is only possible through faith, prayer and seeking the good we do have an abundance of.


Image is a picture of beach wood on Kiawah!

No comments: