Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 152 Ramblings


As I quiet my mind and wait for God to speak,
I find peace. It settles over my worn out body.
Tears release the tension. Through prayer,
scripture and reflection I find strength to carry
on another day. There's always strength for the
present day. Energy, time and worry often rob
us of the present. Beginning the day with God
is the only way I know to focus on the time at hand.
Wishing ourselves past hard days is no way
to deal with everyday matters. GOD FIRST.


The arrows of darkness pierce my hide and
I reel with pain. Satan attacks my every move.
Hidden negative power robs me of my hope in God.
One verse of scripture, one prayer of plea, one moment
concentrated on God lessens the pain, removes doubt,
and fortifies my day.


After a restless night I find strength to walk, spend
time with God and step aside from life's details.
After a brisk walk I find energy return if only
for a bit. After a talk with God I find new
contentment to accept the day's needs.
After a quiet moment I find the necessary
silence needed to ignore the noise of the world.


Allow the light of the world to penetrate the darkness.
Invite the Son of God into each weary task.
Find the Savior's love in the middle of hatred.
Know the Peace of heaven as your personal trainer.
Wait on the Giver of truth to embed His will into your life.
Believe the Lamb of God to protect your from slaughter.
Seek the Holy Spirit to guide you through the depths of despair.
Take faith from the Creator to begin anew each moment that you breathe.

No comments: