Thursday, July 12, 2007

More from the Queen of Heart


Here is another spread from the book.


These pages have the same kind of layered background with mutiple colors and texturing.

The large pair of eyes are packing tape transfers. The woman is my mother in law whom I use in much of my art. She was a beauty. The heart overlay is a transparency with my eyes overlapping hers. The quote is written with an Elmer's paint pen. they come in many colors and write over practically anything. A great tool for altered artists. Michaels occasionally puts them on sale. They can be bought individually or in sets.


I print most of my images from my own Canon i960 inkjet printer. They are pretty archival with the amount of gel medium I use on them. I have several pieces that are a few years old and have not faded in the least.

No comments: