Wednesday, April 16, 2008

List Making


Making lists is a great exercise for journaling!

Here's my list of 100 favorite songs...they are not ranked, simply written of the top of my head.

100 Favorite songs
(chosen randomly)

1. Desperado - Eagles
2. Piano Man - Billy Joel
3. We're An American Band - Grand Funk Rail Road
4. Home is Where the Heart is - Elvis
5. I know I need to be in Love - Carpenters
6. Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
7. Soak up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
8. Dust in the Wind - Kansas
9. Carolina - James Taylor
10. Breathe - Anna Nalick
11. The River - Joni Mitchell
12. He Ain't Heavy He's my Brother - The Hollies
13. Believe - Josh Groban
14. I am a Rock - Simon & Garfunkle
15. Fly like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band
16. Still Haven't found What I'm Looking for - U2
17.Build me up Buttercup - The Foundation
18. Lonely People - America
14. Last Song - Earl Klugh
20. American Pie - Don McLean
21. Devoted to You - Everly Brothers
22. When I'm 64 - Beatles
23. Amazing Grace - various artists
24. Be thou my Vision - Various Artists
25. I'm Not Crazy, I'm just a little Unwell - Matchbox 20
26. The Wedding Song - The Lettermen
27. Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel K
28. Theme from somewhere in Time
29. Only Hope - Mandy Moore
30. 100 Years - Five for Fighting
31. Feel So Good - Chuck Mangione
32. Young World - Ricky Nelson
33. Charlie Brown Christmas Theme - Vince Guaraldi
34. Longer - Dan Fogelburg
35. Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
36. I Just Wanna Stop - Gino Vanneli
37. Lullabye - Billy Joel
38. Blue Moon - various artists
39. In the Still of the Night - The 5 Satins
40. Why Walk when You can Fly - Mary Carpenter
41. Stormy - The Classics IV
42. Feeling Good - Michael Buble
43. Colour My World - Chicago
44. I feel the Earth Move - Carol King
45. My Father's Eyes - Amy Grant
46. Breaking Up is Hard to do - Neil Sedaka
47. Lone Star - Norah Jones
48. Love Grows Where my Rosemary Goes - Edison Lighthouse
49. Dizzy - Tommy roe
50. Temptation Eyes - Grass Roots
51. Baby G - Kenny G
52. I love you more today than Yesterday - Spiral Staircase
53. Make a Memory - Bon Jovi
54. Summer Love - Justin Timberlake
55. What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flats
56. Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger
57. Reeling in the Years - Steely Dan
58. Vincent - various artists
59. Yesterday - Beatles
60. Stop this Train - Jon Mayer
61. Sooner of Later - Grass Roots
62. Love will find A Way - Pablo Cruise
63. Got to Get You into my Life - Earth, Wind, & Fire
64. Nights are forever without you - England Dad & John Ford Coley
65. Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
66. You Are the Woman - Fire Fall
67. Can't Smile Without You - Barry Manilow
68. Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
69. Baby I love you - Andy Kim
70. Pleasant Valley Sunday - Monkees
71. Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
72. You Make Me Feel Like Dancing - Leo Sayer
73. Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts
74. Still Crazy - Paul Simon
75. If - Bread
76. Rocky Mountain High - John Denver
77. You're so Vain - Carly Simon
78. Too Late - Carol King
79. Maggie May - Rod Stewart
80. Make Someone Happy - Seal
81. I can Only Imagine - Mercy Me
82. This Guy's in love with You - Herb Albert
83. Mr. Lonely - Bobby Vinton
84. Stormy Weather -
85. You Send Me - Sam Cooke
86. At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors
87. Mr. Sandman - the Chordettes
89. Chances Are - Johnny Mathis
90. Smoke Gets in you Eyes - Platters
91. Turn, Turn, Turn - Yard Birds
92. What the World Needs now is Love - Jackie Deshannon
93. Big Yellow Taxi - various artists
94. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
95. Every Breath You Take - The Police
96. You are the Sunshine of my Life - Stevie Wonder
97. I can't Make you Love me - Bonnie Raitt
98. Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
99. How Deep is Your Love - Bee Gees
100. Black Water - Doobie Brothers

When you really look at the list, each title could be a journal entry starter, story starter, art page, scrapbook page, anything you can imagine! Try it!
Image is another journal entry, art page from Somerset studios is back ground, music ribbon, packing tape transfer of woman, flower stamp with gold and white with one cut out and raised, and inked glossy paper.

No comments: