Sunday, April 06, 2008

Rainy Days and Saturdays?


Last week was great! Fun! Productive!

This week is cramped and full. To the point of wondering if it will all get done and will it all be done right.

Amazingly, a rainy Saturday gave me clearer perspective that it would all happen and it would all happen right. I wrote these words in my journal yesterday while at my favorite weekend getaway, our retirement property, I call Fernwood, cause of all the beautiful ferns that grow there.


The rain soaked woods of Fernwood

Heighten my senses to life's meaning;

Giving emphasis to peace and beauty.

A light shower on my shoulders

speaks to my soul of God's gentle message;

Tapping in Morris code a love letter from Him.

A gray day at Fernwood

Reminds me of the woodland beauty

Existing year round in all weather.

A cramped calendar in the midst of April's glory

Gives purpose to life, enforcing my need to serve and

Support the needs of community.


Image is raindrops on branches; I call it Nature's Holiday Lights!

No comments: