Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wandering of the Mind


by the creek

sun on my face

cool air too

water trickles by

snort of a deer

blessed


mercy & love

joy & peace

calm & relaxed

grateful & filled

questions unanswered

respite


So relaxed I could sleep here. Where is the peace on days rushed and crammed? Do I just fail to grasp it?

Sun glistens on a tiny thread of silk. Water plays melody over the rocks. Birds harmonize. Distan roar of machinery. The mood is still peaceful. Why do I let everyday noise drown out life's blessings?



  • God

  • family

  • friends

  • creativity

  • good times

A perfect spring morning but still enough chill in the air that my breath becomes fog. St. Francis stands watch. (pictured) He hears the fiddleheads unfurl. He knows the daily joy found here. Where am I? Fernwood of course! Heaven on earth.


After weeks of tension, sleepless nights, the soul relaxes. Tears fall. The heart heals.


No comments: