Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 60 and still in the Sacred Sanctuary


When time affords it,
Alone,
I always want to go somewhere quiet
To read, journal, reflect and sip coffee,
But truth is I already have some of the best places
Right here in this private sanctuary called home.

An ever so gentle breeze ruffles my caladium leaves.
The red and pink begonias sway to a silent rhythm called life.
A quail chants "Bob White."
Other birds sing simple harmonies.
Dogs whimper in competing cadence
and my heart, soul and spirit
all exist in perfect tempo.



Here is another collage of Dad with prismacolor, highlighters and digital image.

He continues to grow stronger. He continues to ask about home. He is getting the peg (feeding tube) out soon. He is eating 3 meals a day. He is walking stronger. He still has difficulty getting to the standing position. He still needs your prayers as do Mom and I.

No comments: