Saturday, July 25, 2009

Diversions can be relaxing! Balance!


Doing an online workshop on Vision Journaling over at http://collagediva.typepad.com/

It's still not too late to sign up. The first lesson is in relaxation. Trying to relax is never easy for me and especially now while my Dad is in Day 55 recovering from a stroke. I have been writing and art journaling the whole process on my blog here; so this workshop will hopefully further the recovery for me. One thing people don't tell you about strokes...the family is in recovery too! I've posted my first vision journal piece here in this post. This just may be what I need. First, we must realize we need relaxation and are not getting adequate amounts. Then we need a good kick in the pants to make it happen. Thanks Kathryn!
(The face and picture of Kiawah sunrise are mine. Stamped words are mine. Using a watercolor bound book for these prompts. Paints are acrylic and watercolor and distress ink.)

4 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

Hi Chris,

Placing your own image in your collages is a great way to help you really picture yourself in them. The background photo reminds me of some beautiful photos I took when I vacationed in North Carolina last summer (sigh). It warms my heart to know that my workshop series comes at a time that is helpful to you. May you find the balance in your life that you seek.

Thank you for sharing this creative journey.

{soul hugs}
Kathryn, Collage Diva

Megan Warren said...

Chris - I love that you used your own pictures to create your collage. Sending best wishes for your dad's recovery.

Beverley Baird said...

What a beautiful collage and affirmation.
May you achieve that relaxation.
My mother had a stroke and the recovery was long but she did come back. Enjoy all the time you have with your Dad. I am sure he appreciates all you do!
Blessings to you and him.

Lady North said...

Blessings to you and your father.
I love this affirmation - finding balance has got to be one of the trickier things to do in this Life!
May we all find ours!
Thank you for sharing something so close to your heart.
HUGS
LN