Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Core Valuess Journaling prompt - A work in Faith


Vision Journaling - Core Values Lesson

Funny how things come together. I have so many core values but it all boils down to faith. Faith in God and my upbringing. My parents set a pattern early in my life and I still look to them as my source of example in all things. They taught me from the cradle to love, serve and honor God. I try to do that. They are examples of so many wonderful values I hope to truly possess and exhibit. In working on this prompt I found it hard to narrow down to a few. I found it hard to honor all who influence my beliefs and hopes but it always came back to my parents. They started me on the road to my set of core values I believe today. I think in looking at this if you follow your heart, God's guidance and the example of two fine people, well, you just can't go wrong. I may never reach the full extent of their fineness but following their examples set early will certainly take me farther than I would ever go on my own.

The image here evolved from trying to do all the people who influenced me and the individual values to just focusing on my parents and the total there. These pages are acrylic background with computer altered images and text. Simple looking but it sure made me work to get to the finished piece. AND who's to say when something is finished? I'm still a work in progress as well. We should always be a work in progress!

1 comment:

Kathryn Costa said...

Our parents do play an important role in shaping our core values. Reading your post reminds me of this important role parents have and my own role as a parent. Your faith is strong and shines through in all that you do. Thank you for sharing so much of you in this workshop series. You are a joy.