Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 88 Recovery for whom?


Recovery continues, not only for Dad but Mom and me as well. She admits to still crying every night. Everyday annoyances and daily details are still a challenge. Keeping it all together is wearing us both down. Recovery for stroke patients can take up to 2 years. I think for the family as well. A stroke not only attacks the victim's brain but the victim's and family's body, heart, mind, soul and spirit. Without scripture, prayers, and journaling....well, not only would I not be writing this but I would also not be here. Space is needed. Time is necessary. Hope is eternal.


alone

coming unglued

no where to hide

except in Thee oh Lord


desperate

breaking apart

lost and confused

except with Thee oh Lord


spent

emotionally paralyzed

blind and mute

except to Thee oh Lord


vacant

completely empty

failing helplessly

no net to catch me

except You oh Lord

No comments: