Saturday, August 08, 2009

Day 68 random thoughts....


and sleep will not come AGAIN!
Why is sleep so evasive?
Can you be too tired to sleep?
My body begs for rest.
My mind screams for silence.
My soul pleads for hope.
My spirit hurts for expression.
My heart searches for meaning.
Psalm 19:14
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to your sight
O Lord."
(but are they?)
"Rock of ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee."
(my quest)
the indwelling presence of God
from which no one and no thing
can separate me
I will stay on His path
following closely, hoping
in the dark He guides me still
though life is still littered
with debris from a storm long gone
I know the calm presence
of God and His angels
when and how much?
even when doubtful
I know He has not left me alone
all fears and worries melt
despite their nagging presence
God is still God and
all is right in His kingdom
staying within the righteous fold
I will survive
another day's battle will be fought and won
AND
life will proceed
images are from DAD shape book

No comments: