Friday, October 12, 2007

Family-Nothing Compares


I had the good fortune to celebrate my Mom's 78th birthday yesterday along with my Dad and husband. If our son could have been with us it would have been complete. We laughed, ate, talked, and had such a wonderful time at a favorite restaurant. Took photos, opened her gifts and cards and enjoyed it so much. It made me wish for days like on Walton's Mountain when the whole family lived under one roof. Everyone worked close to home and were always together for family celebrations.

On a sadder note, I heard of a lady losing her husband in an accident. How sad for her and her children. It made me value my special family time even more.

I'm heading to Kiawah Island, SC with my husband for the week so I'm checking out for a while from blogging but hope you will check back with me on my return. I should have some great photos and new art to share.

Blessings dear readers and thanks for sharing your wonderful comments. God loves you!


Photo of Mom (Vember) and me.

No comments: