Monday, October 08, 2007

Trying but ....


It seems I am always trying to do what it is right but the older I get the harder it gets. I continue to come up short. I say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing, think the wrong thing. I just want to live peaceably and happily, love God, produce art, and be with my family. I want to find comfort in my Lord and Savior, offend no one, worry less, strive to be the person God made me to be....but I continue to fall short. My prayer is this...as a Christian lady whom I admire once said...

"God let me be who You want me to be this day;

God help me do the things You want me to do this day;

God make me who You made me to be this day."




1 comment:

randi said...

I like what you wrote here about always coming up short. I think that is where God wants us. He wants us to need Him...and if we felt like we had our acts together we wouldn't need him anymore.