Tuesday, October 02, 2007

more on Medley Zine


I have photographed all the pages and today will pick up rings to finish binding.

I'd like to show some sample pages and describe some themes and techniques I used. Imade 5 zines to mail out and will receive 5 different ones back. This swap is through the Artella site.

(If you still haven't checked out Artella, do it soon. It's getting bigger and better all the time.)

I chose to name my zine Medley since it is a medley of images, colors, themes and things I love. I first did all the backgrounds in red, yellow, peach, orange and white with acrylic paints, stamping images of a flower over and under various layers. Then I chose to clean out my stash of images, hand painted pages, and saved artwork. I used many of my own original art pieces, scraps of papers, photos, and clip art pieces to fill the pages. Basically, including something family oriented, an original one of a kind ATC, small watercolors, jokes, fun images, words, icons and symbols I use over and over in my work, a landscape collage, quotes, some original poems, my handprint and an envelope of goodies. This is only a simple list. Even though each zine is similar, none are exactly the same. So each person is getting an original zine of artwork compliled just for that particular zine. Look at the photos and if you have specific questions, I'm happy to reply. I will post several images over the next few days for you to enjoy! It was a real blast doing it and can hardly bare to swap them out now but I think I will certainly enjoy getting the returns.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely work! Too bad it is all hand done-- you wouldn't want to do a 6th to swap with me? I am designing a zine for swapping too and plan to make extras for RAking... and swapping. :)