Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Always a Down to counter the Up


Worn out....guess the hyper last two weeks finally took its toll. Just vegged out with TV. Went to bed and finally slept about 1:30 AM. No energy for the days list of to do's. Hate to post downer blog entries so I'll counter it with an art image I did at the beach week before last, when I was carefree and creative. It's the letter A for a vintage alphabet swap. I send in the A's and receive back a batch of each letter from different participants. Lots of great places to do online art swaps. It really does help your creativity to do someone else's idea and then see all the varieties. (I received my batch of DOD and Frida tags from that swap and WOW were they great!

Doing another complete alphabet set in this fashion to submit somewhere. By the way the technique was paint a piece of matboard with the vaseline crackle paint technique from Claudine Hellmuth. Dry. Remove vaseline. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Layer with Prismacolor Art Stix. Then add packing tape transfer letters. Voila! Coat with gel medium.

Did a few mixed media sketches this AM to rev me up but I think it's going to take a decent night's sleep to do the trick completely.

Blessings to all...and get your sleep or the creative muse will nap and you'll miss out on something GREAT!

1 comment:

Eastjewels said...

Chris....just wanted say your alphabet letters are terrific and so creative. And I bought "The Artfull Blogging" magazine and I was really disappointed because it did not give any help as far as creating and editting my blog, which is what I was looking far, yes the magazine was very well done as all of Somersets mags. But if you are looking far what I was looking far don't waste your money.
I found a web site with tons of great information it is:
http://tips-for-bloggers.blogspot.com Let me know if it helps