Monday, October 22, 2007

Inspiration is everywhere!


If you just keep looking and reading and thinking and waiting and expecting....be open to it. Let the creative spirit within you reach out to the spirit of all creativity (God for me) and let the wisdom flow.

I just finished reading a wonderful book called The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland. If you like to paint, you like nature and the two combined, you will love this book and receive much inspiration for your own creative endeavors. I highly recommend it. Here is a quote from the book:


"You who dwell in the forest," Emily murmured..."You have given me the longing to paint...give wisdom to my eyes to see into the soul of this land. Though I will walk through this valley of the shadow of afar and lonely wilderness, help me to hear a spirit song. Give power to my brush so I can create something true and beautiful and important."


My image for this post is a little different from what I usually share. It shows my workspace while at Kiawah. The lovely glass top dining table became my studio away from home and here you see lots of my favorite paints and tools I travel with.

No comments: