Friday, October 05, 2007

A Message from God


If you are reading this and don't live in the piedmont of NC, you may not realize but we are in a severe drought. Only a trace here in Alexis for nearly 3 months. We have had teeny tiny showers the last couple days. I've prayed for rain. I even told God I wouldn't complain about my frizzy hair when it rains. I wouldn't complain if it rained everyday we are at Kiawah week after next but....we need rain. I miss the sweet smell of the earth after a good rain. I miss the droplets hanging on to leaves and branches. I miss the swirly Payne's gray skies. I miss RAIN!

Well, while walking this morning in the early light as the sun was rising and the mist was in the air, my husband pointed out a rainbow in the sky. I've never seen one in the sky with so little light and so little rain and no storm. I took it as a personal message from God. He was reminding me that He was still there and it would rain again! What a sweet answer to a heartfelt prayer.


The photo is from another rainbow day!

No comments: