Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Blessed by Answered Prayers


 


I am blessed beyond measure.

It has nothing to do with money, possessions or places but rather people, time together, love, and GOD’s awesomeness. He loves us, protects us, saves us, guides us and makes us. We are nothing without him. We are everything with him.  He wants us to be safe, happy, strong and healthy IF we allow it. He reaches us through heart, soul and spirit. We learn of him through scripture, prayer and study. If we pay attention, we see him in the sunrise. We feel him through an ocean breeze. We hear him in a baby’s soft cry. We taste him in summer’s first fruits. We smell him in the blossoms of an apple tree.
 
This Christmas was a challenge. Mom was gone barely two months, Dad, nearly five years. I missed them but I also knew there would be no calls of distress, falls, or illness. I also knew there would be no confusion and tears. I took no photos of a woman who didn’t know how to smile easily. I did not have to invent a way to make the day special for her.
 

My son and daughter-in-law planned to stay a night with us. What a wonderful time to have them with us! My son was sick with some kind of flu. Christmas Eve he felt worse. I tried to go ahead with plans but I wanted no illness this year. I wanted no fear. I wanted no sadness. I know it was Satan attacking us. I know he was trying to steal my spirit. He was attempting to take our hopes and joy. Satan lost. I prayed off and on all day and by Christmas morning, I was seeing his speedy answers. We spent much valuable time together. We were blessed. We found so much to celebrate. Praise God! Thanks be to Jesus! Blessed by the Holy Spirit!
 

As usual, I received more than I deserved. I gave the best I could to those I love. I tried to express my appreciation for my family’s love. I tried to share with the less fortunate. I rested. I relaxed. I kept things simple. I allowed God to guide, care and love us.  I so needed a quiet calm holiday. It was. I so wanted a joyful time with those I love. I did. I so desired to have time at home sharing meals with my husband, son, and daughter-in-law. I did. How do I ever express enough gratitude? To them? To God?
 
I am blessed beyond measure.
 
-=-=-=-
 

I walk quietly and seek God.

He speaks softly to my needy spirit.

I pray simple requests and wait.

He answers in his perfect time.

I thank him humbly for his good gifts.

He is pleased with the gracious gratitude.
 
-=-=-=-
 
This day through 2018, I will abide in God today and every day for the rest of my life. I will accept his blessings, understand his discipline, and thank him daily. I will share his blessings. I will ready his word. I will share his word. I will learn his truths and apply them. I will trust his promises. I will abide in him.
 
Abide in me and I in you. John 15:4

No comments: