Thursday, December 28, 2017

Looking forward




Slept fitfully again. Little done today. Trying to just stay semi organized, straightened up, and calm. Got very nervous first thing this morning. Terry’s gone to Fernwood and Matthew and Molly may or may not be heading to Dillard Georgia for a two night anniversary trip. I know it was Satan putting doubt in my mind. He does that too often. I also found myself worried that something was going to happen. I prayed Jesus blood on them and fought the demons off. I must find a way to never allow Satan’s doubts and fears to rob me a single moment’s joy. He wants nothing but bad for me. He is the only one who can take my spirit from me and rob my soul of the life Jesus wants me to have. Lord, I will trust you and your divine power over me and my family. You are my hope for all things. I will not let the enemy ambush me. You will not let the enemy trap me.
 
Today is a new day. Every minute is a new opportunity to abide in Christ and to allow God to be the only force in my life that rules. I will fight to maintain the holy spirit in every sinew of my being. I cannot live any kind of happiness while simultaneously letting Satan take charge. He only has his own interest in mind. There is no hope other than through God. This I vow, I promise to trust God, abide in his love and live by his commands.
 
Life sorts itself out through God’s word. I will read it, live it, and believe every word of it for my remaining days. I have wasted too much time I can never recover. Life is uncertain to us. We are to trust God for his daily mercies and appreciate all we have as abundant blessings undeserved. Mercifully, we receive and gratefully we must share. Giving from our abundance is God’s reason for giving us much.
 

I am reading Ann Voskamp’s Be the Gift. She expresses so much of what I feel and need to do. I just finished reading Liz Gilbert’s Big Magic. She pointed out the inner critic’s voice and how it can kill our creative value. That critic is Satan in my mind. I will only listen to God and the good he has to tell me and direct me.

Another valuable lesson came from Max Lucado’s Anxious for Nothing. I must let God be my center and my answer in every situation. God wants only good for me.
 
Lord, Matthew and molly are heading on their trip. Keep them safe. Keep them well. Keep them happy. Take care of Terry and help him get healthier and strong. Take care of me and help me get strong and healthy too. help Lisa heal from her surgeries. Give her and Stacey understanding hearts to accept Matthew’s words heal a relationship for a lifetime. I also ask your blessings and strength for a country of Christians, a world of Christians who can lead us into a better light. Help everyone realize that YOU are ALL our country needs for better days. Heal our church and unite us to be serving you and your commands, not men. In Christ’s name Amen.
 

All of 2017, I focused on determination. I was determined to get through whatever came my way. I have thus far. I have four days left. I pray for God’s continued assistance. I made it through things I thought never possible.

1.      Mom’s health and death

2.      Matthew’s depression and anxiety

3.      Terry’s unhappiness about lost goals

4.      Molly’s family’s needs

5.      My own attempt to make some kind of difference and support through my art
 

I have been blessed more than I could ever ask. I have been able to bless others. I have found determination to be my friend. It has shown me inner strength. It has taught my perseverance. It has given me grace from God.
 

I have chosen my word for 2018. ABIDE. I will abide in Christ and his will for my life. He will abide in me and guide my way. By staying his will and presence, I can find a life of true belief and understanding. So often we grow up thinking life is about me, me, me but it is not. Life is about everyone. Life is about knowing God and witnessing to others, bringing them to Christ. Life is for sharing our resources and love and kindness. Life is for living in a compassionate way that helps others learn what their own life mission is.
 
God gave me creativity and a joy for utilizing it to lift me and others. By sharing my cards, words, and images I make people smile, feel favored, and know they are remembered. That’s all people really want or need. True, they often seem to want money, fame, and possessions but that is not what they need and deep down they know too. People like to hear their name and know they are being heard. Folks want to know that what they say and do matters to someone. We all want to know that we are here for a purpose. This is accomplished if we each take time to listen, appreciate, and show gratitude and empathy.
 
Goodness comes from and through God.

Hope grows by trusting and believing in God.

Faith expands through studying God’s word and sharing it.

Love spreads through a hurting world by saying it and showing it.

Peace heals that same hurting world when we maintain it.
 
 ...so as I walk into 2018…I will abide in a God who never fails me, a Christ who always loves me, and a Holy Spirit who never leaves my heart.

 


No comments: