Sunday, December 17, 2017

Years of Happy

 
Christmas approaches rapidly. I have the small stuff left to do…but I feel the crunch…BUT I want to enjoy this time of year that has always been sacred, joyful, and magical all at the same time. I am missing mom and dad and I will on Christmas. It will be real then. They are gone but they are in the ultimate place of joy, holy and peace (above earth). Maybe not above, but just beside us in a totally different realm. They will be with me. They will be in my heart. They will be in our spirit. I will honor them with thought and memories of all the wonderful ones we shared.
·         The year I wanted a monkey and dump truck
·         The year I remember the tree at my Grandma Fannie’s with all the tinsel
·         The year mom and I sat in the car waiting for dad to lock up before going to church, I knew he was sneaking mom’s barstools in from the front porch and she knew he was slipping in my TV
·         The year we left the color wheel turning on the silver tree and it stuck and melted while at church
·         The year dad and I went to his grandpa Felix (my great grandpa) to get aunt Kat’s door prize and brought her back to get ours (about 4 in the morning)
·         That same year I had a tape recorder and have my great grandpa’s voice on it, years later my dad wanted to hear it again; I found a place online in Pennsylvania who was able to put that old reel to reel on a CD, best gift I ever gave my dad, cost me $100 and it was worth every penny
·         The first year Terry and I were married
·         The first Christmas with Matthew
·         The year Matthew got his first bike
·         The year he didn’t like the idea of a birthday cake for Jesus, because he thought it was like eating Jesus
·         They first Christmas with Matthew and Molly
 

These are only a few memories of so many wonderful ones. I continue to be blessed to have people I love with me each Christmas. Recognizing the true spirit of Christmas, celebrating Christ’s birth, being with loved ones and sharing good food and time with each other.
 

I admit I still look for a perfect Christmas movie Christmas but the truth is I have had many of them.
 
 
 

No comments: